This Policy refers to a web product that is part of the Application systems and mobile apps; mobile driver and Passenger app for the purpose of offering hailing taxi services to Corporates that the company has a contract with and has agreed to work together in offering hailing taxi Services.
Rova brand is a product of Interactive Tours and Travel (Company registered in Tanzania with registration number (46101 ) located at Dar es salaam, Mwaikibaki Road, Tanzania, is the controller of personal data of passengers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer (email@example.com). This Services is provided by our Company, at no cost to users and it is intended to be used as is.
The term "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the ROVA app, ROVA Operations Tanzania, a private limited company, founded in the Republic of Tanzania.
This page is used to inform website visitors and app users regarding our policies with the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decides to use ROVA Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Rova collects and process data about you relating to you/Personal data (to include name, phone number, email address, for the purpose of identification for security of both drivers and passengers/customers, and dealing with requests and processing enquiries. This includes data provided on the website and mobile apps during registration.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your devices’ Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We collect and process personal data for connecting passengers with drivers to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- We display geolocation data and the phone number of passengers to drivers to enable efficient pick-up. Geolocation data is collected only when the Rova app is activated. The collection of geolocation data stops after closing the Rova app. We may use geolocation data to resolve quality issues related to transportation services.
- We use contact details to notify passengers of updates to the ROVA app.
- We collect data of the routes taken by drivers and passengers to analyses the geographic coverage in order to provide recommendations to the drivers about most efficient routes.
- Name, phone number and e-mail will be used to communicate with passengers on important apps updates, discounts or any other issues that may arise during services provision
- We obtain payment details to process customers' payment on behalf of drivers for transportation services.
- Customer support data is collected on a case-by-case basis and stored for resolving disputes and service quality issues
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting;
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers.
We do not transfer or disclose any personally identifiable information to Google. You may adjust the settings of the ads you want or do not want to see here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated.
By means of Google Maps Controller/APIs we collect data used for geocoding and autocomplete that is used within our Applications. Use of the controller is covered by Google Maps Controller Data Protection Terms that can be seen here: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/mapscontrollerterms/
We maintain the contact list to ensure that we know those who have downloaded the application and provide all the necessary support when needed to get in touch. The contact list also helps us to communicate and identify those who are using our services and keep right records for each account. In contact list, we maintain, email address, phone number, and the name of users.
- We collect and maintain a contact list for the purpose of connecting passengers with drivers.
- We use contact details to notify passengers of various updates to the ROVA app.
- Your name, phone number and e-mail will be used to communicate with you in any case that arises pertaining to using our services
- Customer support need contact list for the purpose of resolving disputes and service quality issues.
- Contact list help us in creating and managing online accounts for every user account
- Provision of technical support
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from ROVA or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out ROVA’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ROVA (including but not limited to pick-up and drop-off destinations);
- To verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Site or App;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of ROVA’s service, when you choose to do so;
- To contact you for your views on ROVA’s services and to notify you about changes or developments to ROVA’s service;
- To update you with operational news and information about our Site and App;
- -To identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to apps and our site
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your devices’s internal memory.
We may collect information about your computer and/or your mobile telephone device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do it for system administration and to improve user browsing experience. These statistics are gathered anonymously and do not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Rova may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer and/or your mobile telephone device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s and/or mobile telephone device’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate Rova audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customize the site according to our individual interests
- To continually improve Rova Services
- To recognize you when you revisit our site
- Personal data is processed in order to provide the service contracted with passengers. We collect and processes the personal data submitted by the passengers in the course of installation and use of the Rova app. The prerequisite for the use of Rova services is passengers agreeing to the processing of identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be also processed on legitimate interest grounds, for example in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- Depending on the location of the passenger, the personal data may be disclosed to the Rova Operations and partners (affiliates). Processing of personal data by Rova Operations companies and partners will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy notice.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
WHERE ROVA STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the services is transferred to and stored in the data centers of our servers hosted in the USA, by Extreme web technologies Company Ltd which is located in the United Republic of Tanzania. Only authorized employees of Rova and partners have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Rova and partners can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support in cases where issues have been reported by either a driver or passengers.
- Geolocation data is processed in anonymized form and personalized only if the geographical location data is needed to be linked to a passenger for resolving disputes or fraud
- For research and scientific purposes, the data is used in unidentified form (anonymized)
- Where ROVA has given you (or where you have chosen) a username, login or password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, the Apps, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. ROVA asks you not to share a username, login or password with anyone.
- ROVA restricts access to your data to individuals who need access to it in order to process it on ROVA’s behalf. The employees who work with your data are bound by confidentiality agreements. In case they will fail to meet the required security of the data processing, ROVA will sue them.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, STORE AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
ROVA uses information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on the Site and/or the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or your mobile telephone;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from ROVA or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
-To carry out ROVA’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Onde (including but not limited to pick-up and drop-off destinations);
-To verify your identity when you sign in to any of our Site or App;
-To allow you to participate in interactive features of ROVA’s service, when you choose to do so;
-To contact you for your views on ROVA’s services and to notify you about changes or developments to ROVA’s service;
-To update you with operational news and information about our Site and App;
-To improve the Site, the Apps, including tailoring it to your needs;
-To identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to Sites;
• To use GPS to identify the location of users;
• To respond to support tickets, and help facilitating the resolution of any disputes;
ROVA may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and ROVA or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are a new customer, and if ROVA permits selected third parties to use your data, ROVA (or any third party) will contact you by electronic means only, and only if you have consented to this. By using the Site and/or the App you give your consent for us to provide your data to third parties and for the data you provide ROVA to be used for additional reasons other than those set out above. You also consent to be contacted for marketing purposes.
If you do not want ROVA to use your data in these ways, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact ROVA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also unsubscribe from any newsletter, anytime.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- You can access and update your personal data via the ROVAX app.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active passenger account. If your account is closed, personal data will be deleted (according to the policies set out in this section) from the databases, unless such data is required to be retained for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data regarding transportation services provided to passengers will be stored for 2 years after the last journey.
- Data required for accounting purposes will be stored for 5 years [after the last journey].
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for 10 years.
- In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- Journey history data will be stored for 2 years, after which the data will be anonymized.
- Please note that the deinstallation of Rova app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data.
- If the Rova app has not been used for 3 years, we will notify you and ask you to confirm whether account is still active. If no reply is received, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless such data is required to be stored for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- You should also bear in mind that any request to delete your personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result, you will not be able to use Rova app via an account, which has been deleted.
- We respond to any request for to delete personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and will specify the period of data deletion.
- We will respond to any request for transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and specify when the data transfer will take place. After we have verified the customer in question, we will provide you with you personal data, which includes contact information, last 3 years' journey history and payment information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Third Parties: Under contract, we may disclose your information to third parties. They help us providing you and others our Services (such as, but not limited to, fraud/spam investigations, payment processing, site analytics and operations). If we disclose any information to third parties, either we do it on a non-identifiable basis, or we use a unique identifier. Such identifier cannot be tracked back to you. Third parties are obliged to secure the data they receive from ROVA.
2. Business: ROVA may also pass your information on to any successor or potential successor in title to the business and suppliers that process data on ROVA behalf both in Tanzania and abroad. ROVA may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic purposes.
- We will only use your e-mail address and/ or phone number to send direct marketing messages if you have given us permission to do so via the rova.co.tz website or via the Rova app. We may personalize direct marketing messages using the information how you use Rova services (frequency of use, journeys, payments).
- If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of our e-mail or in profile section of the Rova app.
YOU’RE RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access your personal information, rectify the information we hold about you, erase your personal information, restrict our use of your personal information, object to our use of your personal information, receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability), lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you would like know more details about these rights or to exercise them, please contact us at the given address listed below. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis is one of the following:
To fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the services, to ensure that invoices are paid correctly.
Where you have given your consent to the processing.
To comply with our legal obligations, as explained above.
To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our products and services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that, which allows us to develop new products and services, and to personalize the service for you and the ads you see. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
To protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
Necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
We know that security is important to our users and we care about the security of your information. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third-parties